The American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine (AUC), an accredited institution founded in 1978 with over 4,000 medical graduates, invites applications for a faculty position in the Department of Anatomy. The Medical Sciences campus of AUC is located on the island of St. Maarten. The Department of Anatomy is housed in a state-or-the-art facility in a new, $30 million building on campus. AUC has an exceptional faculty composed of clinicians and basic scientists who instruct an accomplished and committed body of students. Our medical students are highly motivated and are mainly from the USA and Canada. The first two years of basic medical sciences are completed in St. Maarten and the second two years of clinical studies are done at associated hospitals in the USA and United Kingdom. After passing all prerequisite examinations, AUC graduates are licensed to practice medicine in all 50 states of the U.S. Our current pass-rate for first-time takers of the USMLE Step 1 is 100%. Graduates do their residencies in the USA or Canada.
• Contribute to the delivery of a complete, up-to-date, clinically-relevant 1st semester course in Clinical Anatomy (12 – 15 hours per week) that prepares AUC students to perform successfully in the USMLE step 1.
• Prepare and present lectures to students in a manner that is readily understood, current and enables students to maximize performance on shelf exams and other standardized tests.
• Prepare prosections for presentation at the commencement of laboratory sessions.
• Contribute to laboratory instruction, demonstrate and guide dissections and ensure compliance with codes of professionalism, lab rules, regulations and safety protocols.
• Promote the integration of anatomy course material with other basic sciences and clinical medicine.
• Contribute to the development of effective written and practical examinations in clinical anatomy, using where deemed appropriate, the USMLE testing format in question style and delivery.
• Participate in research in clinical anatomy, educational issues, or relevant health issues. This may include student research instruction and international collaboration.
• Participate in international societies to effect continued maintenance of current knowledge. Publication of refereed articles in scientific/educational journals, presentation of research at international conferences and active membership in professional societies is encouraged.
• Contribute to administration, serve on at least one standing committee and develop collegial relationships with other faculty members.
• In collaboration with other faculty provide advice and direct students for guidance/wellness counseling when needed.
• Assist with the daily running of the clinical anatomy course, including the commencement and termination of each semester
• Assuming other duties as may be required.
All faculty members are expected to continue their professional development and/or scholarly achievement, exhibit leadership in University, Public and Professional venues and actively participate in University life including service to the University and its students. The University requires an individual with a Ph.D. in the Anatomical Sciences and/or MD with considerable experience related to the Anatomical Sciences. Experience in lecturing to medical students and laboratory teaching experience in a dissection based anatomy course are required. Candidates should have a commitment to excellence in teaching, good communication skills, and experience in computer-based teaching and learning.
Rank and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Devry medical International offers a competitive annual salary, relocation assistance, a 401k program, tuition assistance benefit, scholarship program for dependents, medical benefits, travel benefits, a living allowance, 25 days of paid annual leave along with opportunities for professional development, which includes a conference and book allowance.
To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to Gretchen Yarbrough at email@example.com. We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today. Apply Here