Director, ISU Treasure Valley Anatomy & Physiology Laboratories
Tue, 2013-12-24 13:15 — Anonymous
Posting Number: 2011487
Position Title: Director, ISU Treasure Valley Anatomy & Physiology Laboratories
Department: Academic Programs - Boise
Primary Purpose: The director is responsible for managing and planning all operations in the ISU-Meridian human anatomy, physiology, bio-skills/surgical and simulation laboratories. The director is also responsible for preparing and executing annual budgets, annual planning, equipment and supplies procurement, scheduling of laboratory use by academic departments and external users, safety and security policies and requirements including hazardous waste disposal, arranging for procurement, use, and disposal of human cadavers and fresh/frozen specimens as needed, and supervising the required staff to support the laboratories.
1. Assist in developing programs for support of various academic departments and for educational and medical partners in the state and secondary schools throughout Idaho.
2. Develop annual budget, business and staffing plans. Manage the financial expenditures of the laboratories.
3. Leading departments in preparing grants for equipment, and preparation in grant funded research programs as assigned. Work with vendors for supplies and equipment, obtain bids, and make purchasing decisions within delegated authority.
4. Supervise laboratory manager, administrative assistant, technicians and support staff ensuring that all work meets deadlines and standards for safety, quality and accuracy.
5. Develop virtual capabilities for on-site teaching/learning and off-site extension knowledge through distance learning modalities and the on-line options. e.g., eISU and University Health High School, and a variety of state-based networks, e.g., Idaho Education Network (IEN), Idaho Digital Learning Academy (IDLA), Idaho Regional Optical Networks (IRON), etc.
6. Manage and build relationships among donor groups including funeral homes and county coroners.
7. Formulate guidelines, policies and procedures for uses of the laboratories.
8. Conduct tours of facilities as needed.
9. Establish advisory committees and user groups.
10. Work with technical staff and faculty members to develop training to make use of the various laboratory technologies to ensure best practices of teaching and learning and to facilitate an on-going, effective integration of curricula.
11. Network with external constituents in developing contracts for laboratory usage.
Minimum Qualifications: -Master's degree in a chemical, physical, biological, clinical laboratory science or related fields from a regionally accredited university in the USA or a USA recognized foreign university -Minimum of two years relevant management experience, preferably in higher education or health care environment that includes supervisory and budgetary experience -Demonstrated understanding of compliance with regulations, organizational skills including setting priorities, interpersonal and communication skills, and strong computer skills use -Demonstrated high professional and ethical standards
Preferred Qualifications: -Doctoral degree in a chemical, physical, biological, clinical laboratory science or related fields from a regionally accredited university in the USA or a USA recognized foreign university -Certification by a recognized board (e.g. American Board of Medical Microbiology, the American Board of Clinical Chemistry, the American Board of Medical Laboratory Immunology) or at least two years experience in clinical laboratory work -Demonstrated collaboration with diverse groups including internal and external user groups (medical personnel, stakeholders, university faculty and students, high school students) -More than five years relevant management experience, preferably in higher education or health care environment that includes supervisory and budgetary experience -Demonstrated success with grant writing and/or fundraising
Posting Date: 12-19-2013
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please submit cover letter, CV, and list of professional references by February 1, 2014 for priority consideration.
Salary Information: Commensurate with qualifications and experience. Competitive benefits package.