GET A MEMBER IN DECEMBER!
REFER A COLLEAGUE FOR THE CHANCE TO WIN $100!
The American Association for Anatomy is a body of more than 2,000 members across the globe. Share the value of AAA membership with your friends and colleagues.
By recruiting new members to join AAA, you help strengthen our organization and share the value of connecting with anatomical scientists across specialties.
ANATOMY IS EVERYWHERE
Anatomy is everywhere, and so are anatomical scientists. In fact, many researchers may not even realize that they are anatomical scientists:
- Cell Biologists study the structure, function and behavior of cells
- Neuroscientists use a wide range of techniques to study the nervous system and its functions
- Computational Biologists use mathematical modeling to understand the properties of the body
- Developmental Biologists investigate the processes that guide the formation of biological structures
- Evolutionary Biologists study the forces that lead to the diversification of life
- Biological Anthropologists study the behavior and physiology of humans and our ancestors
- Paleontologists use cutting-edge technology to discover the ancient world.
HOW IT WORKS
When you refer a member, you’ll be entered into a drawing for one of two $100 gift card. Each referral is another chance to win. The drawing will take place the first week of January.
Step 1 – Invite a colleague or student to join.
Benefits of membership can be found here – https://anatomy.org/AAA/AAA/Membership/Benefits.aspx
Sample Recruitment Email
Step 2 - Candidate applies for membership and includes your name in the referred by field on the membership application.
Step 3 – Once candidate is officially approved for membership your name will be entered into a drawing for a $100 gift card. Each time you recruit a new member your name will be entered into the drawing. New members must join by December 31 2022 in order for the referring members to qualify for the drawing.
Tell the story about why you're a member. Why did you join?
Provide examples. A positive testimonial can be one of the strongest tools when recruiting new members.
Focus on their needs. Ask questions about their career goals, and based on their answers, identify and highlight the benefits of greatest value.
This makes the conversation feel more like colleagues sharing solutions.
Close with a plan of action. Offer to email them instructions for joining online. Be sure they have your name so they can include it on the application!
Follow up. Touch base in a few days to see if they joined or have any questions. If they haven't joined, this follow-up can serve as a gentle reminder. And if they have, it's a nice opportunity to welcome them to the AAA.
All participants must be current members who have renewed for 2023.
The participant’s name must be included in the referred by field on the online membership application.