Criteria for determining whether to forward nominees to the membership for a vote
- To be considered, if you self-nominate or nominate a colleague, the nominee must be a member in good standing.
- Candidates must demonstrate career leadership within our focus areas of our strategic plan: Research; Education; Professional Development; Science Communications; Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion; and Infrastructure and Governance.
- Candidates are assessed on their commitment to the organization's strategic plan and contribution to a healthy and representative mix of diversity to the Board. These attributes include:
Demographics: Gender, Age, Race and Ethnicity, etc.
Career leadership experience in the Anatomical Sciences
Strategic planning experience
Membership type (professional, academic, or associate)
Executive management experience
Availability for active participation
- Candidates must demonstrate they can fulfill the responsibilities of Board service and understand the essential responsibilities of nonprofit boards.
- Nominees should demonstrate a history of service to the Association. Activities can include serving as an active member of a committee, event, or initiative.
- Nominees cannot be serve on the Nominating Committee.