Annual Meeting at EB 2020
Register now for our most important meeting of the year!
Members’ favorite resource is the Annual Meeting at Experimental Biology (EB) — and for good reason — it’s the world’s largest gathering of anatomical science researchers and educators.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update for EB
The health and well-being of Experimental Biology 2020
attendees is of the utmost importance to us. The EB management team and AAA is paying
close attention to guidance provided by the Centers for Disease Control and
Prevention (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO) regarding the Coronavirus
disease (COVID-19) and is following the lead of these agencies and local health
AAA and the EB management team will continue to monitor this
situation, while moving forward with plans to deliver an exceptional meeting. Travelers
are encouraged to always exercise healthy travel habits and follow guidance
issued by official sources of public health information.
A group of frequently asked questions centered on COVID-19 is available on the EB website.
Who attends our Annual Meeting at EB?
- Members & non-members
- Faculty, college students, medical students, postdoctoral fellows, researchers
- Areas of study/research include:
- Education & teaching
- Biological Anthropology
- Cardiovascular Biology
- Cell Biology
- Developmental Biology
- Stem Cells
- Tissue Regeneration
- Vertebrate Morphology
The most highly-rated and attended sessions are traditionally scientific, education, and professional development. Keynote and plenary speakers, poster programming, receptions, and the Anatomy Lounge are all crowd pleasers, too.
- Featured speakers
- Steven J. Schiff, M.D, Ph.D., Keynote Speaker
- Fiona Watt, Ph.D., Plenary Speaker
- Cheng-Ming Chuong, M.D., Ph.D., Plenary Speaker
- 50 symposia on topics in Educational Science Research & Teaching, Professional Development, and Basic & Clinical Science Research
- Mini-Meeting on Stem Cells, Tissue Repair, & Regeneration
- Cross-Society Programming with the four other EB host societies
- Put your research in the spotlight — submit an abstract! Oral and poster presentations at EB 2020 will be programmed from submitted abstracts. Last-Chance Abstracts will be programmed as poster presentations. Science Outreach Abstracts will be featured in the EB Welcome Reception. For detailed submission guidelines, oral presentation and poster topics, and tips for submitting a successful abstract, visit our EB 2020 abstract page.
- Admission to all AAA sessions and events, including the President’s Reception sponsored by Wiley, Student & Postdoc Poster Reception, and the Anatomy Lounge
- EB Welcome Reception and other joint society receptions and events
- Exhibit hall, featuring poster presentations and 225 vendors
- Career Central, including CV critique, career counseling, and a job board
The deadline for EB 2020 Travel Awards was Nov. 14, 2019.
- Every year, we provide Travel Awards to help members pay their way to the Annual Meeting, with awards of $250 and $350 available for new and renewing AAA student/post-doctorate members who submit an abstract and present at the meeting. These awards are a popular source of support — plan ahead for 2021.
- In addition to providing funds to offset travel costs, all travel award recipients are eligible for the onsite Competition Awards.
- Celebrate the best of the industry at our Closing Awards Ceremony — purchase tickets now.
Can’t make it this year? Save the date for a future Annual Meeting at EB!
- May 1-4, 2021: Indianapolis, IN, USA
- 2022 and beyond: TBD
Looking for highlights from a past meeting?
[Coming Soon] We retain links to past meeting competition posters and platform award winners, meeting photos, session schedules and presenter information, social media highlights, and more. Check out our Annual Meeting Archives for key details from recent Annual Meetings.