Annual Meeting at EB 2020
Find unmatched networking and career advancement opportunities at our most important meeting of the year!
When you register for EB 2020, you’ll immediately gain access to all AAA sessions and events. You’ll mingle with thought leaders from joint societies at receptions and events. You’ll get access to the exhibit hall, poster presentations on dozens of topics, 225 vendors, and Career Central. Make plans now to make the most of your experience at EB 2020!
Meet and mingle with fellow attendees. Bask in interdisciplinary synergy as all career levels come together for fun and networking!
- EB Welcome Reception – Saturday, April 4, 7:00-8:30 pm
- First-Time Attendee Breakfast (registration required, beginning in February) – Sunday, April 5, 7;30-8:30 am
- AAA Reception, hosted by AAA President Rick Sumner & sponsored by Wiley – Sunday, April 5, 6:00-8:00pm at the San Diego Wine & Culinary Center
- Student & Postdoc Poster Reception (registration required, beginning in February) – Monday, April 6, 6:30-8:30 pm
Closing Awards Ceremony & Dinner
Celebrate our community’s leaders with a cocktail reception, dinner, and the presentation of AAA awards. Ticket sales open in February.
- Tuesday, April 7, 6:30-9:30 pm
The lounge is your hub for engaging with colleagues and making new friends among the anatomy community. Enjoy unscheduled interactions, games, puzzles, and snacks. Chat with AAA staff to find your way or get your questions answered. All AAA-specific transactions — Travel Award checks, Closing Ceremony tickets, etc. — are conducted in the lounge. Registration and badging are not available in the lounge and must be handled at the EB registration kiosk.
All AAA members are encouraged to attend.
- Monday, April 6, 5:45-6:30 pm
Are you looking to take the next step in your career? Career Central has just what you’re looking for!
- Microlearning hubs
- Career-development workshops
- Job listings
- Poster presentation practice
- Doctoral program outreach
- Résumé/CV critique
- NIH funding conversations
Career Networking Lunches
- Saturday, April 4, Noon-1:00 pm
- Sunday, April 5, Noon-1:00 pm
- Monday, April 6, Noon-1:00 pm
- Tuesday, April 7, Noon-1:00 pm
Career & Professional Development Symposia
Look for select programming, such as:
- Harassment – Power Dynamics, Self-Reflection and Action: Understanding is Necessary for Biological and Societal Health
- It Takes Two to Tango: Creating Successful Trainee-Advisor Mentoring Relationships
- So You Want to Get Published? Navigating the Peer Review Process and Playing Nice with Reviewers
- What to Know When You're Learning As You Go: Post-Graduate Skill Building in Anatomy