- The duration of the Fellowship will be for one year. A no-cost extension can be requested.
- Fellowships would be expected to cover partial salary support, with the remainder coming from other sources. Indirect costs are not included.
- Each recipient must attend the annual AAA meeting and present his/her work at the meeting. AAA will pay registration (at early registration rate) and travel expenses, up to a total of $1,000.
- A career mentor will be appointed for each recipient to guide him/her through the course of the research project. The mentor will be selected by AAA’s Professional Development Committee on the basis of research area from among the award committee members or from members of the Fellows Circle who have volunteered to serve as mentors.
- At the end of the Fellowship period, each recipient must provide AAA with a written report describing work accomplished. This report must be received within three months following the end of the Fellowship period.
- Recipients may be invited to participate in AAA outreach activities.
- Recipients may be invited to submit their research findings or a review article to one of the AAA journals, Developmental Dynamics or The Anatomical Record.
- Support from AAA must be acknowledged in all relevant publications or oral research presentations. Support should be acknowledged as follows: “Jane Jack is an American Association of Anatomists Scholar and this research was funded in part funded by the American Association of Anatomists.”
- The award cannot be held concurrently with another award and if the recipient subsequently receives another award then the AAA fellowship will be pro-rated accordingly.
For further information or clarification regarding the process or the forms, you may call or email: